In order to prevent acne, it is important to understand the causes of acne first. Preventing acne starts from understanding what really causes acne in the first place. Researches are still going on but medical experts’ findings reveal that some factors might be the cause.
Prevent Acne by Understanding the Causes of Acne
Experts’ number one cause of acne is hormone. They believe the production of sex hormone starts at puberty. Androgen causes increase in the secretion of the sebaceous gland to enlarge, thereby producing more sebum (oil glands). This explains why most people that suffer this skin health condition are adolescents. Additionally, hormonal change also causes break out before and during menstrual period in female.
Genes also seem to play a role in the formation of acne, meaning family members, may suffer from acne. In this case, acne is inherited.
In many cases, stress may cause the production of hormone, which commands the oil glands to expand, and secret more Sebum. This could raise the probability of clogging of the pores to occur, thereby breakouts occur.
Birth Control Pills
Beginning or stopping birth control pills may cause acne.
Expert believes that dirt may be the real cause of Acne. Sweat or perspiration attracts dirt on the skin, which causes the pores of the skin to get clogged up, which cause blackheads.
Oily and Greasy Food
This is a general belief that excessive intake of oily foods may be the cause of acne in most people.
How to Prevent Acne – Things You Can Do Immediately
If you are one of the 85% people affected with acne, then you must have toyed with many-over the counter products. Many of these “miracle” products are highly priced; they may even worsen the situation. Imagine going for a date, and you get acne popping out on your face. No over the counter creams can clear you acne, they only kill the bacteria causing the acne and also to reduce redness for a while. These products, over the years have not been a permanent solution to acne and black heads. To cure your acne you have to correct the problem in your body causing it.
The problem with most Acne product is that not everyone reacts the same way to the same products. What worked for one may not work for other? Apart from not knowing the best product for your skin type most of these products cause dryness, peeling and itching that increases the break-out adding to your worries.
- 2-7 days before your monthly menstrual flow worsens acne because of the flare-ups in your hormones.
- Rubbing, squeezing and touching your acne often, worsens it as well. It makes the size bigger that the previous size and painful.
- If you are suffering from acne, when washing the face, do not scrub the face hard; it will cause friction on the acne thereby causing blackheads. Wash gently with water in upward circular motion; this helps to open and clean the pores of dirt
- Include Fruits and Vegetables in your daily Diet. A healthy diet consists of at least four to five servings of fruits and vegetables. Acne control will be a lot easier if you start including this in your daily habit.
- Rose water can be used as a facial cleanser. Dipped in a cotton, clean your face using this everyday for at least two to three times each day.
- Don’t wait for your pimples to form. If you see a bit of it in your face, do something. Acne control is best done early. Pat some ice on the affected area for this will make it less swollen.
- Acne control is easier when accompanied with multivitamins. Start taking vitamins that contains zinc supplement. Zinc helps in making your skin stronger and acne resistant.
- Cucumber can help in acne control. Blend it with some water to form a mask. Put it in your face and leave it for about half an hour before rinsing it off. This is a good and affordable acne control remedy that can also refresh your skin.
- Use only mild soaps and avoid soaps that contains petroleum based products and animal based ingredient for this causes your skin to get dry and irritated.
- Using alcohol free facial cleansers makes Acne control trouble-free. Alcohol tends to dry your skin more.
- Makeup also prompt the occurrence of acne. Choose your makeup wisely. Most of the makeup available contains petroleum based ingredients that makes skin dry. An all natural makeup helps acne control become more effortless.
- Lastly, Drinking loads of water is very important. It flushes out the dirt in our body, Making acne control more natural.
- When drying the face after washing, do it gently by just patting the face with a soft towel.
- Shampoo used in washing hair may be the cause of acne. Residues of shampoo not washed out very well could cause acne on the neck face.